Card in Autumn Colours

Hello.  Welcome.  Gail from the design team here today.  Do you use sketches?  Sometimes I sit and stare at blank pages and the ideas are slow to come.  One of my ways of waking the mojo is to find a nice sketch.  If you haven't used sketches before, basically they are like a blueprint of shapes and a layout that gives a starting point to help you create. 


I've used a card sketch from a Norwegian blog called Scrappelyst.  They have a selection of card and LO sketches that I really like.   I've used the colours of this month's Rubber Dance October challenge.  Beautiful autumn colours:





I started with a piece of handmade paper and coloured it with distress inks, Mustard Seed and Wild Honey, then added some drops of Ripe Persimmon.  I stamped one of the leaves from Maple Leaves with brown archival ink.  I cut the frame using Cheery Lynn Celtic Fire Oval Frame die.  



I stamped the leaf from Maple Leaves again with brown archival ink, coloured with distress ink and fussy cut.  I used a black pen around the edge of the leaf.  This gives a nice shadow effect...



I used the Vintage Script stamp with brown archival on handmade paper and orange distress ink on the orange card.  The sentiment is from the Happy Birthday set stamped with black StazOn on vellum.

Thanks for visiting. Maybe I've inspired you to try a sketch?
If you use autumn colours don't forget to join the Rubber Dance October challenge.
You can find all these stamps in the Rubber Dance shop.
 
My Blog https://craftynomad.blogspot.no/

Joining the fun at
Dies R Us Challenge 58 - The Leaves On The Trees

Comments

Darlene said…
Great job and yes I love sketches to get my mojo flowing! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘The Leaves on the Trees’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.
Bibi Lindahl said…
Pretty card with such cool combination of stamps, Gail! I really like the repeat of the script stamp on both the card and torn panel. I have also used sketches to kickstart my mojo, as seeing the layout usually makes me think of stamps that could fit ... and off we go! :) Thanks, darlin'! ♥
Becca Cruger said…
Gorgeously luscious layers. This card definitely gets at the heart of the vibrant fall colors. Awesome job, Gail!
Beautiful card - that leave is stunning!
Jackie PN said…
Very cool Gail-digging that textured paper!

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!