Awesome birthday - Mixed Media Tag by Melina

Hello!

It`s Melina here, and today I share this birthday tag with you.


I started by go wild with my Distress oxides on a tag. 
Lots of different layers. One of the background stamps I used is Grungy Harlequin.
When dry I stamped my quote from the Happy Birthday stamp set.


I grabbed my Beautiful Bugs stamp set and stamped once directly on the tag to get the details, 
and once more on a scrap piece of paper.


I cut the bodys of the bugs out and coloured them with Distress crayons. I used them as watercolours and applied them with a waterbrush. I wanted the colouring on the bugs to be very subtle, as my background is very busy.


I glued my bugs in place and added the finishing touches. A black line around the tag, white highlights on some of the letters and the bees and wink of Stella glitter on the wings.




My tag is finished!


Rubber Dance stamps:

Thanks for stopping by today!
xx Melina





Comments

Lia said…
Beautiful tag and thank you for the tutorial!
Lia xx
Beautiful tag, Melina.
Hugs, Anita xx
Bibi Lindahl said…
This is such a gorgeous and unique tag, Melina! Love the colours, beautiful background. The extra wings make the bees extra pretty.
Thank you so much for sharing! ♥ ♥ ♥
ionabunny said…
Oooh, gorgeous yummy background and I love the bugs. Fab tag with my most favourite birthday greeting. Hugz
Mac Mable said…
Great tutorial and fabulous tag. Lots of great elements and techniques x
Thank you all so much for sweet comments!
Rubber Dance said…
Oh wow! I love this tag Melina! The background is amazing!!!
Bev Hilton said…
Fabulous tag Melina. Great background and loving those bugs. xxx
Sue said…
This is amazing Melina, who would have thought that bugs could be so pretty xx
Wonderful tag Melina, you made the bugs look beautiful which is not an easy thing :)
Hugs
Donna xx
Dotty Jo said…
Simply stunning! Jo x

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button