Just Lion Around - Mixed Media Tag Tutorial by Shilpa

Hello Everyone,
Shilpa here,

Today, I would like to share with you a  mixed media tag with Rubber Dance Stamps. 



I've used Rubber Dance African Animals Stamp set here with few other stamps.

Let's see making procedure,


On thick white tag, I started stamping Text and Flourishes with black archival ink.




To create good base for my further layers, I applied Clear gesso to whole surface.



For texture layer, I applied Crackle paste through stencil and let it dry completely.




I wanted to used Charcoal here... to get the desired effect, I mixed Charcoal with Clear Gesso and water and applied to the tag




After drying first layer, I applied, yellow/ brown/ orange watercolors randomly to the surface.





I stamped Lion image on watercolor card.



I colored him with watercolors and cut it to adhere on the tag.



After adding sentiment "Just Lion around" from same stamp set, my tag was ready..
I enjoyed making this fun creation !!



Thanks so much for stopping by.



Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Gorgeous tag, Shilpa! I love the crackle effect and the colours you have chosen are absolutely stunning!! Thank you so much for sharing! ♥ ♥ ♥
Ink Art Designs said…
I love this tag Shilpa! The colours are fabulous.
Dot x
What a fantastic tag Shilpa, I’m really loving that background, absolutely stunning effect!
hugs
Donna xx
Fliss said…
An amazing background for your gorgeous tag Shilpa and it sets off the lovely lion perfectly. Love it!
Fliss xx
Susanne Rose said…
What a stunning tutorial Shilpa!!! I love your background.

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!