Life is a Whole Box of Crayons: ATB by Irit

Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my very first post made for Rubber Dance Stamp
Company.
For those who are not familiar with the name ATB is a name for Artistic Trading Block. This is a very similar to ATC item, but made in 3d cube shape.
I used Sizzix die cut to make this cube and then covered all surfaces with heavy stamped cardstock.
I picked the images and my color according to the sentiment I wanted to use: Life is about using the whole box of crayons" and rainbow coloring technique was just a Must for this project.
So here is a small tutorial I made for this post and I hope you like this technique as much as I do.


Step 1:
1. Make a strip from 31*7.5 cm white cardstock and divide it to 4 *7.5 squares. Don’t cut it into the squares, this will be done later. Using clear embossing ink and Rubber Dance Lace background stamp impress the image over the lower third of the cardstock strip. Add white embossing powder and heat emboss the stamped piece.



 Step 2. Stamp the images you picked over the strip with clear embossing ink and black embossing powder. Don’t' afraid to overlap the white heat embossed strip.


 Step 3. Pick 3 primary Staz-On inks (Blazing red, Azure and Mustard work perfectly for this technique, but you can use other companies' permanent primary inks too). As we all know those three colors make the whole rainbow range when we mix them from red to yellow and to blue. So start inking your heat embossed images from red- but not from the edge as we want the coloring to be continues and this is a place for color blue to make the purple. Cover the whole strip with those 3 inks and blend them with wet baby wipe all over. Let it dry. Make another 7.5*7.5 cm square for the top of the cube- I used the Lace background only with black heat embossing and the same 3 inks coloring.



 Step 4. Stamp the sentiment over the white cardstock, ink it to the same colors. Arrange 7 crayons with twine into a bundle and glue them over the top of the cube. Glue the sentiment. (I know mine are not the cheap ones over the cube, but I didn't find anything else at home. Buy the kids kind of crayons, the cheap ones if you want them to stay over the cube as a permanent embellishment).



Step5: Cut the inked stamped strip into 4 squares and adhere it over the cube. Enjoy your artistic creation!
Photo 5,6,7,8,9 and a final one here







And the final project:



Supply list
Rubber Dance stamps
 Lace background
Something wonderful
Collage elements 1
Collage elements 2

Other products:
Die- Sizzix
Inks: Distress inks- Ranger, Clear embossing ink, Staz- Ons- Tsukineko
Embossing powders: WOW! Embossing Powders
Crayons, twine





Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Awesome, Irit!! I haven't made an ATB yet, but this one made me want to give it a try. Looks so fun, and I love the fact that there are several surfaces to decorate and stamp on, not just one like a card (even if I like cards, too). Thank you so much! :))
xox
TwinkleToes2day said…
This is so very cool! Nice work. I've done a chunky ATC but not an ATB. Very inspiring :D
Anonymous said…
What a clever idea! Would make a nice present!
xox
Cataleya said…
WOW!!! It's so cool Irit!!! I love this idea so much!!! Thank you very much for sharing this beauty with us!!!
~Olga Koavlchuk

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!