Altered Box - Make Art - Tutorial

Hi crafters, this is Majo from the Design Team and I'd like to show you how I altered an old box, in which I once received my Latte Macchiato glass. It's just the right size for my Moo-Storage, but more to that later.


Let's get started:

I stamped on water colour paper, masked all my images and added distress ink in 3 different colours: Blueprint Sketch, Fossilized Amber and Stormy Sky.



I added more texture by using two different stencils.


After I stamped the brushes and fuzzy cut them, I added Glossy Accent for the "wet" look.

 

 This was my box to start with .....
 
 
 ..... and this is my storage box after adding all the panels:









 
 I'm sure you find a box somewhere in your stash, it's so much fun to alter them with all the beautiful images you find at the shop. 

This is what I use the box for, my Moo-Storage .....


Here is a list of the stamps I used:


 

 








You can find them all here at the shop:

 

And as a special treat, please use "MAJO2016" to receive a 15% discount on your next order!

Have a lot of fun crafting!

Love
Majo

Comments

Susanne Rose said…
Wow!!! I LOVE your box Majo. I'm off to search for an old box now...
omg.. this is so amazing.. wow.. love it !!!!
Bibi Lindahl said…
Your art box is fantastic, Majo! I love the background paper you've made under the masked images, and the paint brush embillsihment on top is super cool! Thank you for a great project and tutorial!
♥♥♥
Mac Mable said…
Thank you so much fro the inspiration. Great ideas, love the colours and the fun way in which you have decorated this box.
Rosie said…
I love this box, Majo. It's gorgeous
ionabunny said…
Very pretty. Love the pile of brushes on the top. Hugz
Craftyfield said…
Gorgeous make! I should switch from filter coffee!

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button