My Mutant Monarch


Hello everyone! I have made another wall hanging, this time with two challenges in mind;  the very first hosted by EyeConnect Crafts - theme is "Butterflies",  and the other one at Norwegian blog Hjerteboden - theme is "Feathers".

My Mutant Monarch - is it a butterfly or is it a king? It's both!



Some close-ups:


The "king" (or paper doll stamp) is mounted on the tag with foam dots 
and the butterfly wings are bent up and curled.


The real Monarch Butterfly has white dots on its wings, but I went with Glitter Dots in pink and blue:


KING was spelled with some miniature alphabet stamps (manufacturer unknown).
They are stamped flat and made to look raised up by painting some shadow on two sides:



Below is the Lace-Up Tag chipboard from EyeConnect Crafts before I added a thin layer of Gesso, then Distress inks in several colours. Notice on the photo above that I added lines with Copper Stickles around the holes so they match with the copper wire attached to holes and feathers.




Stamps used (all from Rubber Dance):


Paper Doll, Crown and Scripture from "ATC Backgrounds 1".

Butterfly Girl from "Fly With Me". Spiral from "Round in Circles".

  
Other products:
Glitter Dots from Elizabeth Craft Design
Stickles and Distress inks from Ranger.com
White Feathers, Copper Wire, Watercolour Paper.


So, there you have it. My second wall hanging this year.
(You can see my first one here)



I'm entering my Mutant Monarch to these two fine challenges:



 XOX,
 Bibi 

Comments

Majo said…
Beautiful, dear Bibi!
ionabunny said…
Love this. The glitter dots are fab. Hugz
Craftyfield said…
Different, quirky and original!
Sari / Granne said…
Gorgeous! Reminds me about dream catcher, loving those wings!
Jackie PN said…
Bibi!! How fun! He is totally the Butterfly King! I see no mutant here! heehee
Wonderfully done!
Hugs,Jackie
Ninas Hobbyrom said…
Thats lovely! Thanks for joining us at Hjertboden! Xoxo Nina

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button