Scrunchy Time

Hello.  Welcome.  Gail from the design team here today.  I have long wanted to make a dream catcher.  I had a look around the net and found a wonderful tutorial.  So today I have made a thing, inspired by a dreamcatcher LOL



I can hear you!  What's that then?  It a thingy for my hair!



I stamped and embossed the large spiral from Round in Circles and a feather from Textured Feathers on brown leather.  White?  Or gold?  I think I'll go with the white.  I actually wanted to use orange but I don't have any orange embossing powder.  



I found some orange cotton fabric and ripped off some strips about 2cm width.  Then I stamped using brown archival ink and the small stars and dots stamps from Textured Feathers.



I attached the strips of fabric and the feather to the spiral.



I added some seed beads and bits of shell and attached a elastic loop to the back.




Have you seen this month's challenge at Rubber Dance stamps?


Still time to join the fun

All the stamps I used today, and many more, are available from

Thanks for dropping by

Comments

Craftyfield said…
Wearable Art! What a brilliant idea Gail. I must come up with my own version as I suddenly find myself with rather longer hair than usual...
And it does indeed look like a Dreamcatcher!
Bibi Lindahl said…
Super cool! I want!! Never thought of making a hair thingie, thank you for sharing that idea! Dreamcatcher in my hair - perfect location for catching those daydreams! :-)
Thank you, Gail! ♥
Susanne Rose said…
What a cool idea to stamp and emboss on leather!!! Your "hair catcher" looks fantastic. Hugs!!!!
Dotty Jo said…
Wow, how clever is that! Jo x
brenda said…
It's a really innovative Autumnal creation Gail, many thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations and Penny Black and More challenges this month.

B x
pinky said…
Wow that is so cool! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky
shirley-bee said…
What a creative thingy!! Thanks for playing at Craft Stamper Take It, Make It :)
Sally H said…
Such a fabulous creation. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month and good luck!
Michelle said…
Great idea. Love the colors and the indian style of it.
Thanks for playing with us at HLS Mixed Media Challenge Good luck!! Michelle(DT)
Helen Gullett said…
This is fabulous hair piece! The feather and circle are fabulous. Thank you for playing along with HLS October Mixed Media Challenge.
Kotolifestyle said…
Great idea.Thank you for playing with us at Mixed Media World
This is so creative! Thank you for playing with us at Mixed Media World!

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!