Touch the sky - mixed media art journal spread




Hi!
Guest designer Melina here.
Today I have a step-by-step tutorial to share with you.


First I put gesso on the spread.
I started with the background using distress crayons that I blended out 
with a wet finger. Then I took a stencil and removed the color in some places 
using a baby wipe.  After that some background stamping with grey Versafine ink.


In the next step I stamped three faces on watercolor paper and then drew 
some whimsical figures. I painted the dresses with watercolor.


I cut out my little ladies and did some doodling on their dresses with a black
permanent pen. Also used a white pen and punched out three hearts that 
I glued down.


I stamped some wings and cut them out as well. I glued the ladies and the 
wings to the spread with gel medium. I finished by doodling their hair and 
adding the quote.




Hope you liked my whimsical spread and thanks for stopping by!

Melina


http://www.rubberdance.com/

Comments

Fabulous journal page Melina, I just love your whimsical figures xx
Dora said…
Beautiful, very creative
ionabunny said…
What a fun page. Love those quirky winged figures. Hugz
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you, Melina! ♥ I love how you created these whimsical characters!! Beautiful background too. Very nice spread.
Julie S said…
Melina, this is beautiful.
Mac Mable said…
Whimsical and such fun. Gorgeous layout. Thank you for the inspiration x
Jackie PN said…
very sweet Melina!
Thank you all so much for sweet comments 💕
Susanne Rose said…
Your page is so awesome! I love the idea! Thank you for the step by step! Hugs!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!