A record of the past

Hi everyone,

Donna here today using some more yummy Rubber Dance stamps and my favourite lolly sticks again!


I've included a few process pictures of this one for you all ;)



Here's my starting point with the blank lolly sticks and the Da Vinci woman 1 (love these Da Vinci stamps).


A coat of white Gesso on the lolly sticks and you're good to go. Make sure they're also glued down adding some lolly sticks at the back glued horizontally to add strength.




Next add some colour to the sticks with Distress sprays. This is my homemade 'spray booth' from a cardboard box which saves so much mess!



Here's what they looked like after they were sprayed, I wasn't too happy with them so I added a shade of green Distress spray to them.




Much better now isn't it?!


After they were throughly dried, I sanded them down with a sanding block for an aged effect. I also added some holes in the top with a Crop-a-Dile because I wanted to be able to hang it up.



When I was happy with that I added some simple texture with a stamp from Retro Beach using black Archival ink




If you have a stamping platform this makes the next step easier as I stamped on a piece of delicate muslin.




 This is what it looked like after it was stamped, not bad!



Adhere the image to some paper to make it easier to stick to the lolly sticks, age with a little Distress Ink




Time to adhere the main image to the lolly sticks and then add some flowers and a butterfly from Antique Botanicals which were stamped and coloured with a mixture of Distress inks.

I added some Tim Holtz ephemera, buttons and then made the hanging loop from some thin twine.

I absolutely love this image, so delicate yet so powerful.



Hope you like it
Donna xx


Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
My word, Donna, this is gorgeous!!! The altered lolly sticks look FAB and I love the da Vinci woman stamped on muslin - such a great idea and beaufitul result! Such pretty and soft vintage colours too. Thank you so much for the tutorial! ♥ ♥ ♥
Susanne Rose said…
WOW WOW WOW! I adore this Donna! It's wonderful my dear!
Craftyfield said…
I love this, from the surprising substrate to the Vintage image and distressed feel. I want to grab some sticks and get to work...
aussie aNNie said…
GREAT project and awesome idea/.xx [aNNie]
So beautiful! The colours you have chosen are so beautiful and feminine!
Great!
Dorthe said…
Oh Donna, I`m totally in love,- such a fabulous art piece. The colors are gorgeous, and yes , I love the Da Vinci stamp. You created so much beauty, with the soft green painted lolly sticks, and the hints of soft pink on flowers , butterflies, and her rosy cheeks . The stamping onto muslin is so masterly done, and the look it gives of fragility suits the lovely woman, so well.
You are an amazing artist , Donna.
Hugs, xxx
Dorthe
Wowsers Donna, my new all time favourite, gorgeous colours and so exquisite.
Julie x
Wow... This is stunning!!! Great project!!! I love everything in it!!!
Marjan said…
Wow!! Beautiful!!
Absolutely delightful - the wooden stick fence is a real treat, and I love the fabric stamping of that exquisite image. Beautifully done!
Alison x
Sue said…
This is so pretty Donna, and beautifully made xx

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!