Birthday card, and some tips using unmounted stamps - process video

Hello!

It´s Melina here today sharing a little video on how I use my unmounted rubber stamps.
I have a lot of rubber stamps and I use them all unmounted and find them just as 
easy as clear stamps to use.

Maybe someone thinks that rubber stamps need to be mounted?
If you are new to rubber stamping I hope you´ll find this video helpful :)



A few days ago Rubber Dance released Crazy Flowers #1 and Crazy Flowers #2.
I designed these with art journaling and mixed media usability in mind. Today I will share 
a card I made with my stamped images from the video.


I coloured some of the stamped images with watercolour pencils and a waterbrush.
All the images on this card are from Crazy Flowers #1.


I used Distress Oxide Black soot for the background - both smudged onto 
my craft mat and picked up on the paper, and also stamped directly to the paper.
I fussy cut my flowers.


I assembled my my card and added a little Wink of Stella on some 
parts of the flowers. I stamped the sentiment from Happy Birthday stamp set.



Thanks for stopping by today!
xx Melina



The Crazy Flower stamps are on release SALE right now!



Rubber Dance Stamps:

 

Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Gorgeous card, Melina! I love the black and grey in the background, looks really cool! Thank you for making the video about using unmounted stamps! I don't use any cushion, but I know many people prefer it. We just have to try the different options and find out what we like the most. The main main reasons I don't mount my red stamps are: It's not necessary, it saves time and money, it saves storage space, I can more easily cut into the stamps if I want to use just part of the image - like the middle of some of these gorgeous Crazy Flowers! :-)
Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful card and the video! ♥ ♥ ♥
I must admit I’m one of those people that mount all my stamps but it is quite expensive doing it that way so I’m interested in your video Melina! Fab card and of course fab stamp designs too ;)
Hugs
Donna xx
Beautiful card and beautiful stamps, Melina.
Hugs, Anita
Ink Art Designs said…
Thanks for the tips on using unmounted red rubber Melina. I've mounted mine in the past, but with Rubber Dance stamps there is no need - the quality is soooo good, nice and even prints. Looove the new stamps too!!!
Dot x
Susanne Rose said…
Brilliant work my dear! Thank you for making such a cool video. Your card looks so gorgeous. xx Susanne.
Thank you all so much❣️ (Yay! I can comment again as you can see ;))

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!