Technique Thursday- art journal page with mirrored image by Asia

Hello Rubber Dance lovers:)

I am back on the blog today with Technique Thursday project. I have created  an art journal page with mirrored image. I had real fun doing it and to be honest I was not sure if it's gonna work out. It did though and I'm quite happy with the result.



I started by stamping on the tissue paper 2 images of the same flowers from the collection Antique Botanicals. I also stamped the sentiment from Affirmation stamp set. I tried to make as crisp image as possible and you'll see later why this step is so important. When the ink dried out I fussy-cut the elements.


I run the edges of my art journal page with my sawing machine  (it's a loose page as I will be making out of these inserts an art journal later) and then added some colors with Lindy's Gang sprays and Distres Oxides inks. Then added some water splatter to get delicate oxidized effect.


I also added some white splatters here and there. And then the fun part comes. I used soft medium gel to glue one flower to the card, then I took the other flower, flipped it over and glued it upside down. The great thing about tissue paper is the fact that it's so see-through and even after gluing it the other way around the mirrored image I got is still really crisp.



At the end I added a sentiment, few sequins and the card is ready:)

Here are some detailed photos:









Rubber Dance stamps used:




I hope you've enjoyed this short tutorial.
See you soon!
Asia

Comments

Lovely page! This is a very useful technique :)
Sue said…
This is so delicate and pretty Asia, and I love your colours xx
Bibi Lindahl said…
So pretty, Asia! Looks like a very fun technique, one I have not tried yet. Thank you so much for sharing! ♥ ♥ ♥
Susanne Rose said…
Super lovely inspiration!

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!